Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Countdown Begins!




Well, the first day of fall is fast approaching. Apple cider, football, and pumpkins!!! Oh and don’t forget bon-fires! I love fall! This year it marks the dead line to complete my summer bucket list. As of right now, I have 2 days, 6 hours, 39 minutes and 26 seconds to scratch the final few items off of my list. I had hoped to blog about each experience individually, but some of them happened simultaneously and I blogged accordingly. Here’s the list again:
1. Help my friends complete their bucket lists

2. Go to an out of state concert

3. Take 1,000 pictures

4. Throw a party for someone

5. Visit some place in my state that I've never been

6. Camp out in my yard

7. Paint something

8. Make a video

9. Catch a fish

10. Learn how to make a Vietnamese dish from my friend Savannah

Bonus: Learn how to make Aunt Suzie's sweet butter fudge
I kicked off my bucket list by working on number one. I joined my fellow bucket blogger, Lindsey T., and did a cannon ball into a sub-zero swimming pool at the outset of summer. I wrote about number two in “Chappelle in the Middle of Nowhere Say What?” I failed to mention in that blog, though, that I completed number five in tandem. The town that I saw Dave Chappelle in was the town I had purposed to visit in my state that I had never been. Yellow Springs is such a quaint little town with an abundance of good eats! My friend Janna had wanted me and Lindsey T. to go with her for a while and I’m glad we did. It was so much fun!

It seems like number seven chose me. I never planned to make this one happen. It just happened to me. While I was in Georgia on my internship, my cousin Autumn was in the middle of painting a mural in a baby’s room and she asked me to give her a hand. I couldn’t believe it! She didn’t even know about my bucket list, so she was pretty jazzed too. To me, painting is so soothing. I wish I had more time to do it. I didn’t think I could ever tackle something like a mural, but it turned out great! The next one I completed was number nine; except for I didn’t catch a fish per-se. I got really close so I’m counting it, but I never got the fish that was on my line out of the water. :( Nonetheless I fished, which I hadn’t done in years. Great success!
Now for the ones I didn’t complete… yet. I haven’t thrown a party for someone, I haven’t camped out in my yard, I haven’t made a video, and I haven’t learned to make a Vietnamese dish from Savannah. I’m not sure how many pictures I have taken yet, but I am confident that I can hit the 1,000 mark. I still have every intention of completing the last few items. I will not be defeated! Wish me luck as I work on the last few in the next two days!

You will be hearing from me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment